I may have felt hounded but now it’s done.

Same story, different week….

Here we are again.

I have yet another road trip under my belt but *this* time I have a finish.

My Houndstooth quilt bound, in continuous bias binding, hand quilted and hand bound.
48″ x 58″

Kona Cotton Solids in Bone, Chocolate and Curry.

The bummer is I had it finished in the first hour and had 15 more hours of riding with no quilting to do.  Even though there are another 4 stacked and waiting….  You would think I would always have something waiting at the back door, but this one caught me off guard and I had nothing ready.  I just wasn’t prepared for this trip…

It wasn’t often that so many of us kids were able to get together, but most of us did, just one month ago. I feel blessed for that.

As many of you heard, my Dad passed away unexpectedly last week. He was a a Father to many and friend to even more. He was a hard worker who was always willing to lend a hand.  He will be sorely missed by the 6 of us kids, 5 additional children and the 39 grand and great-grandchildren.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, prayers, flowers, cards and calls.  We appreciate it.

This entry was posted in 2011 completes, fabric, Family, Quilting, WIP and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I may have felt hounded but now it’s done.

1. Becky says:

First of all, I LOVE your quilt! I was just thinking abotu trying to make one just yesterday, but it hasn’t even been written down in my idea book. Maybe I will now! Second, I’m so incredibly sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine (he was 66) 3 1/2 years ago, also unexpectedly (pulmonary embolism). It really turned my world upside down for a while. I was lucky to have a lot of wonderful family and friends to help me through it. I hope you find some peace.

2. Penny Nelson says:

Stunning quilt. So impressive. And I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Words cannot express what it is like to lose your parent. Been there. I keep you and your family in my prayers. Aren’t you so glad that you made the trip? I hate regrets so much.

3. Julie says:

That quilt is beautiful! I have wanted to make one for a while, and I’m so envious of yours, maybe now I’ll have to.
    I’m so sorry to read about your father; it’s a terrible thing to have to deal with at any age, and I’m glad to see that you seem to have such a nice family around you. Take care.

4. saundra says:

I have been watching your progress on your quilt. It is beautiful. I love the color you chose for the binding. I am sorry to have heard about your Dad. At least your last memories were good ones, he seemed to be well.

5. Lynette says:

The houndstooth looks so good!!

6. Kathy says:

Sorry to hear about your dad. Your quilt is AMAZING! Great job. Now I need to google Houndstooth!

7. Heather says:

Love this quilt! Really. I do! My heart goes out to you and your family regarding the loss of your Dad. He sounds like a fantastic character. My Dad died 8 years ago … also a fantastic presence in our lives … and I miss him every day still. I often feel his big, warm, hand over my smaller one. Memories are a comfort.

8. elizabeth says:

What a beautiful quilt : ) Parents are so special…

9. Heidi says:

So sorry for the loss of your dad…I hope you and yours find peace in the coming days, weeks, and years…

And the Houndstooth is absolutely AWESOME!

Talk to me people. I get tired of talking to myself!