People ask me all the time, what *should* I eat??? These are just some guidelines I like to start with. 5 veggies a day is great 7 is a major goal. Fruits I consider God’s candy. One, two max, per day, will help to get you where you need to be without causing a blood sugar crash.
di·et 1 n.
1. The usual food and drink of a person or animal. The way we eat, the norm.
1. Grapefruit ~ at least 3 sections, per day (not juice – you need the fresh fruit) and no sweeteners. Fabulous for the skin, I bought grapefruit again this week….. I’ve been slacking… The peels in the bath are fabulous for cellulite, weird but true….
2. Romaine lettuce ~ at least 3 leaves a day. I love those triple washed romaine hearts that come 3 to a bag. I don’t even make salad with them, they make great snacks or holders for sandwich fixings. Egg salad is awesome on one (or two)!
3. Cherry or grape tomatoes 3-5 daily. These small tomatoes are so convenient, great to poop as a snack at any time of day. Otherwise I aim for ½ a regular tomato per day.
4. Broccoli ~ 2 cups every day. This is a super veggie, a must for everyone. Just keep trying, LOL! I’m much better mixing this count up with spinach, kale, brussell sprouts and/or cabbage.
5. Carrots ~ 2 daily preferably the kind with green tops, still attached, so you know that they are fresh and full of nutrients. I feel good if I get one of those bunches in per week, but I keep trying.
6. Almonds 7-10 raw (not roasted) daily ~ love to keep a handful in my pocket to snack on throughout the day. And I realize I photographed raw almonds. They are awesome, two. I can not believe, me, the promoter of almonds, found myself lacking in raw almonds… Other raw nuts available, just not almonds, today….
These are good guidelines to follow!
Pingback: What Will I Eat This Year? « Food For Design