Seeing the Forest through the trees.

Can you feel the breeze blowing through the trees?

Quilted wind pattern

This is the second, hand-quilted, tree quilt where I used the idea of creating the feel of the breeze blowing through the trees. Freehand quilting is definitely not as easy as it looks, but I am really happy with the results that hand quilted lent to it.

hand quilted tree quilt

And for the back, I think I came up with the perfect woodlands fabric, Riley Blake’s Fox Trails.

Birch trees quilt

Does it remind you of last years “What does the fox say” video?? I thought so, too!

Hope you love it, Baylor, and know just how much love was stitched into it, especially for you!!

hand quilted wind Birch Trees quilt

Finish it Up Friday
Link A Finish Friday
TGIFF
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop
A Stitch in Time

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2013 completes, A Sttitch in Time, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Crazy Mom Friday Finishes, Design, fabric, Fabric Tuesday, Family, Finish it Up Fridays, Finishes, Gifts, Linkys, Quilting, Sewing, Show it off Friday, TGIFF and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Seeing the Forest through the trees.

1. Gill says:

Fabulous! I love it!!

2. Penny Nelson says:

What a beautiful quilt!

3. What a lovely quilt for a baby – I can just imagine his little fingers pointing at the colours.

4. knitnkwilt says:

The quilting design is perfect for the pieced design! What color thread did you use?

5. It’s fabulous, Lori! I love the colours of the trees and the whimsical quilting. It all goes together so beautifully!

6. It looks great, I love crazy mom quilts scrappy trees and one day want to make something similar – one day!

• sewfrench says:

Funny, I had it in my head that this needed to be done it hot pink and turquoise and really bold colors, but I’m glad I challenged myself to see it in “boy” colors, because I might even like it better being calmer. You should try it, it was really quick. Thanks for stopping by, Sarah!

7. mtetar says:

Uniquely made. Blessings Always, Mtetar

8. Teje says:

Hi! This is so beautiful! i love your trees and the quilting! Also I like how you used solids for the background and mixed colours for the trees! x Teje

9. Lynn Mc says:

This looks like the Klimt painting of birch trees Very effective

• sewfrench says:

Ha Ha! We have several Klimt prints in our home. I actually can see “The Tree of Life” from where I quilt in the evenings. You are very perceptive! Thank you

10. Sara says:

Very creative design!! Awesome finish!

11. Another gorgeous quilt! I would love to see you free-hand quilt in person some time. I’m so intrigued!

12. And thank you for linking-up again!

13. kris says:

That is crazy cool …I love it!

14. Carla says:

So very fabulous! One of these is on my to do list. Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the world too : )
    This is the only way I could reply

15. rhealey101 says:

Thank you for linking up at Richard and Tanya Quilts.

Richard and Tanya Healey
    Visit our Blog
    Visit our Facebook Page
    Visit our Etsy Store
    Visit our Craftsy Patern Store

16. SarahZ says:

This is wonderful! I really like the pastel backgrounds and the “brights” tree trunks…and yes, I can definitely feel the breeze! I would love to try this pattern sooner or later, too :)