Thank you. Thank you very much!

I don’t know what to say… But I am feeling the love this morning.

Every time the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival rolls around I tell myself I won’t enter again. I put too much stress on myself and I don’t like that feeling. Then I enter. Again. And you, my friends, must like what I am doing otherwise I wouldn’t keep winning :)

Take a Hike quilt by Sewfrench

“Take a Hike”
Art quilt category
October, 2013
10″ x 13″
A Sewfrench original
Machine Quilted by myself
Batiks, printed fabric, synthetic netting, cotton batting
Knife edge binding

More information about the making of this quilt can be found here.

"Take a Hike" quilt inspiration by Sewfrench

The festival was full of so many creative and inspirational quilts. I am continually amazed at how everyone challenges themselves just a little more, each year. It just gets better and better! Winning, after seeing the competition, means more than I can say.

I have to throw out an especially big thank you to Beyond the Reef for sponsoring the Art Quilt category. I had never heard of them until this festival. What a fun little niche they have. And guess whose fabric they carry?? One of my very favorites, Marcia Derse! I may have won a prize package from them but I suspect they will be the real winners. Cha-Ching!!

I also have to thank Tawni, owner of Interquilten, my local, Up North, quilt shop. If not for her class offerings and wonderful instructing, I might never have attempted this. (And it definitely wouldn’t have turned out so realistic!)

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

Now go check out all the winners!

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2013 completes, Bloggers' Quilt Festival, Celebrate, Design, fabric, festival, machine quilting, Quilting, Sewing and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Thank you. Thank you very much!

1. Congratulations . . . and VERY well-deserved . . . I still marvel at this amazing work of art!

2. What a beautiful art quilt! Congratulations!

3. mtetar says:

Art at another level and at it’s best. Congrats! Blessings, Mtetar

4. Saundra jones says:

Congratulations, great job. I love seeing your projects. Thanks for sharing.

5. Teje says:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for your, because your quilt is the most beautiful art quilt! You are so talented and I love your work! x Teje

6. I am so happy for you. I am sure, as an artist, it is very gratifying to have your work recognized. I think all of your quilts are winners!!!!!!!!!!!! They are simply beautiful. Congratulations!!!

7. rosyragpatch says:

Lovely quilt. Congratulations!

8. wombatquilts says:

A well deserved win. Your quilt is beautiful.

9. shannon C says:

Super congratulations! This quilt is beautiful and I’m so glad you shared it and won!

• sewfrench says:

OMGosh! I am SO happy YOU won Shannon!! When I couldn’t vote for my own I voted for yours! If I couldn’t win the Viewers Choice then I’m glad it was you. And not just because that took you out of the competition of the Art Category!! I want to try your technique!

10. citricsugar says:

Congrats!! Well-deserved. :-)

11. Janet K says:

Fantastic quilt! Wow – congratulations!